Attention: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a referral fee if you make purchases through these links. It doesn’t cost you any extra money but it helps keep the blog running. For more information, please read the full disclosure.
Uplifting gratitude quotes are one of the most effective ways to practice gratitude daily.
Reading (and pondering) uplifting quotes about gratitude pull your attention back to the present moment, similar to mindfulness practice.
When you stop judging the present moment in negative ways, you’re more likely to grow in appreciation for it. And become more grateful for the moment.
You’ll begin to realize how much better your life is than you originally thought, as your mindset and attitudes change.
The non-judgmental observation also leads to more contentment and inner peace, as well as an increase in the overall well-being, and satisfaction with your life.
And you know what all of that adds up to…
That’s right. A daily gratitude practice is proven to raise your spirits and elevate your mood over time.
In other words, developing an “attitude of gratitude” increases your level of happiness.
Universal law states that what we focus on expands. So by looking for the good in life … more good will come into your life.
Conversely, the less you focus on problems, disappointments, and failures, the less you’ll obsess over what’s ‘wrong’ with your life.
“Every day, every moment, you can find at least one thing to which you can be thankful. And this leads us to the next thing – being grateful makes you shift your focus and block negativity.”
The Power of Gratitude Quotes
You can write in a daily gratitude journal. Do a gratitude meditation. Or even send messages to the people in your life, to tell them how thankful you are for all they’ve done for you.
With so many ways to practice gratitude, why use gratitude quotes?
Well, here are some of the benefits of reading gratitude quotes daily.
- Are pleasurable to read
- Can relax you, make you feel lighter, and relieve stress
- Provide hope, inspiration, and encouragement no matter what you’re going through
- Help you see blessings in disguise in all areas of your life
- Pull your mind out of the past and future, and into the Now
- Help you appreciate what you have so you feel more grateful
- Teach you life lessons and morals
- Inspire you to be a happier, more positive version of yourself
And they might even make you smile!
Well, enough talking. Here are your 25 uplifting gratitude quotes.
25 Uplifting Gratitude Quotes to Inspire Happiness
1) “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” -Tony Robbins
“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
-William Arthur Ward
3) “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” -Eckhart Tolle
“Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”
– Denis Waitley
5) “In normal life we hardly realize how much more we receive than we give, and life cannot be rich without such gratitude. It is so easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements compared with what we owe to the help of others.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
7) “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. -Seneca
“Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding.”
9) “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” -Brene Brown
“We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.”
11) “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” -Roy T. Bennett
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”
13) “Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” -Steve Maraboli
“I thank everything because everything teaches me something.”
15) “It’s not happiness that makes us grateful, it’s gratefulness that makes us happy.” -David Steindl-Rast
“Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.”
17) “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” -Oprah Winfrey
“The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
-Henry Ward Beecher
19) “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Giving thanks for abundance is greater than the abundance itself.”
21) “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” -Eileen Caddy
“Gratitude opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.”
23) “Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” –Larissa Gomez
“Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.”
25) “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” -John F. Kennedy
I hope you’ve been inspired by these 25 uplifting quotes on gratitude.
Feel free to save and share your favorite gratitude quote images as well as the post itself. So you can inspire others, reread them whenever you want, and add them to your daily gratitude practice.
If you haven’t started a daily gratitude practice, I hope these quotes have inspired you to start one.
Remember, the more grateful you become, the happier you’ll feel. And like any other mindset skill, developing gratitude will take time and practice.
There’s no better time to start than Now.
Good luck, and as always, thank you for visiting my blog and reading this post