Find and Fulfill Your Life’s Purpose
Become Who You Were Born to Be.
Reach Your Full Potential.
Live Every Day With Passion.
All While Making a Difference in the World!
“Most people today are not getting what they want. Not from their jobs, not from their families, not from their religion, not from their government, and, most important, not from themselves. Something is missing in most of our lives.
Part of what’s missing is purpose. Values. Worthwhile standards against which our lives can be measured. Part of what’s missing is a Game Worth Playing.”
– The E-Myth Revisited, pages 101-102.
What Does Purpose Mean to You?
After studying my way out of a five-year depression using a combination of mindfulness, metaphysics, and personal growth information, I felt at peace with myself and optimistic about the future for the first time in years.
I had so much gratitude for the authors (and teachers) of the information that I felt inspired to help others in the same way.
Georgemcmillanjr.com was created to help entrepreneurs discover, embrace, and develop their life’s purpose so they can use it to impact the world in a unique way.
Do you relate to any of these scenarios?
- You’re dissatisfied with your day-to-day life or unhappy with your job because you don’t feel like you’re life is moving in the direction you want it to.
- Maybe you’re disappointed in yourself because you’ve made bad choices and missed a few good opportunities.
- Or you feel like you haven’t done enough with your life or lived up to your potential.
- You feel stuck, but don’t know how to move forward.
- You want to move out of your comfort zone but nothing inspires or motivates you enough to take the risks.
- Maybe you stopped believing that there’s anything more for you than the life you’re living now. And feel like you’re just wasting time by reading personal development information and dreaming about a better future.
But deep inside, you know you don’t want to:
- Spend the rest of your life wondering who you could’ve been or what you could’ve done.
- Keep missing business opportunities because you don’t have the skills or education you’d need to succeed.
- Turn your passion into a business only to find that there’s no market for it.
- Sink all of your money into creating a product that no one wants.
- Spend money on marketing campaigns that get ignored.
- Act like a sleazy salesman or braggy marketer just to make money.
If you answered yes to any of these, keep reading. You’re in the right place.
The Journey From Pain to Purpose
I believe on a deeper level, ‘purpose’ is indefinable. Because it’s your inner truth and beyond words. Something that you live, do and share. Your purpose will grow, evolve, and change with you over the course of your life.
But back when I was depressed, agnostic, and feeling hopeless, I didn’t feel a sense of purpose. It wasn’t that I didn’t believe my life had a purpose, I just couldn’t figure out what it was.
What was my reason for being here and why did it involve so much suffering?
It felt like a mistake.
In my experience, people want to know (or at least believe) that they’re here for a reason. And they want to know what that reason is. It helps us justify the problems we have to deal with and the pains we go through on a daily basis.People want to know (or at least believe) that they're here for a reason. And they want to know what that reason is. Click To Tweet
My solution was to find my purpose… my reason for being… my ikigai. And to let that purpose become the driving force that would determine the direction my life would take.
- Setting goals from that purpose so that my life would keep moving in the right direction.
- Growing to become the person who could fulfill that purpose through personal and spiritual development.
- Deciding on career paths that were aligned with my values and purpose.
- Choosing to become a life-long learner and letting my curiosities and passions lead the way.
And now I feel passionate about helping others do the same.
I picture a world where we spend more time talking about our passions, new goals, and latest personal growth accomplishments than we spend complaining about our jobs or gossiping about other people’s lives.
This blog will help me realize that vision by posting, sharing, and recommending relevant and useful personal growth, mindfulness, and marketing information on a bi-weekly basis.
Who Am I?
Hi, I’m George. A 40-year-old father of two boys from Pennsylvania. Currently residing in State College.
Go Penn State!
I love to research and learn everything about everything. I lift weights, collect yo-yo’s, pens, pocket knives, swords, and all types of puzzle cubes (ex. Rubik’s).
I’m into meditation, writing, photography, and so many other things.
What I’m not…
A six-figure blogger/personal development expert with a perfect morning routine and 16 hours of uninterrupted time each day to work on myself or my blog.
My kids come first and I have to make time whenever I can, just like you.
But investing in your growth and development is worth making time for. If you want a better life, you have to become a better version of yourself first.
I’m not an expert when it comes to any of these topics. But I do know how frustrating it can be to figure out which personal growth areas are the most important … the ones that will move your life forward the fastest and easiest.
So I’m here to:
- Share the knowledge and research I’ve acquired on each of these subjects.
- Share what I’m currently learning, reading about, or experimenting with so you can form your own opinions about where to spend your time and money.
- Share discoveries and ‘best practices’ happening in each niche that I cover.
- Connect you to information from the real ‘experts’ who I think will help you the most. Whether that be through other blogs, books, or products.
- And to answer any questions you have for me.
As an aspiring purpose-driven entrepreneur myself, these are the areas of study that have helped me the most. They’re the subjects that I read about, experiment with, and buy online courses for.
Purpose and Passion
- The study of purpose
- Why it’s important to have a purpose in life
- Finding your calling
- Techniques to find your purpose
- Using want lists and patterns to find your passions
- The journey from pain to purpose
- Core values
- Aligning your career with your purpose and core values
- Letting your purpose evolve
- Purpose-driven businesses
- Conscious entrepreneurs and changemakers
- Social entrepreneurs
- Why purpose-driven businesses perform better than profit-only driven businesses
- Soft skills
- Communicating effectively
- Overcoming obstacles
- Taking action
- Goal setting
- Time management
- Relationships and people skills
- Decision making
- Inner voice, inner critic
- Imposter syndrome
- Morning routines
- Writing want lists
- Daily successes lists
- Developing self-awareness
- Living mindfully
- Breathing techniques
- Getting centered and grounded
- Stress relief and relaxation
- Alpha and delta brainwaves
- Positive thinking
- Growth/Abundance mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Scarcity/fixed mindset
- Limiting beliefs
- Sharper brain
- Reprogramming your mind
- Fear of failure
- Fear of uncertainty
- Overcoming self-doubt
- Marketing philosophy
- Marketing plans and strategies
- Target marketing
- Niche marketing
- Internet marketing
- Content marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Sales and closing
- Writing a brand story
- Crafting a compelling tagline
- Homepages, about pages, landing pages, and product pages
- Email marketing
- Opt-in forms
- Social proof and testimonials
- Catalog and product description writing
- eCommerce businesses
- Product/sales page conversion optimization
- Sales page and copywriting formulas
- Writing course descriptions
- Customer psychology
- Price psychology
- Color psychology
- Problems that keep small business owners up at night
Plus, Entrepreneurial topics like:
- Small business accounting
- Taxes and tax ID numbers
- Domain name registration
- Website hosting
- WordPress basics
- Monetizing a blog
- Choosing a niche
- Using a planner
- You’ll learn how to find your unique purpose so you can take your life in a direction that brings you more meaning, fulfillment, and happiness
- You’ll learn basic marketing strategies so that you can turn your purpose into something that makes you money
- You’ll learn mindfulness techniques that’ll help you feel more focused and relaxed throughout the day
- You’ll learn how your mindset affects things like your mood, productivity, goal setting, and energy levels
- You’ll learn the step-by-step techniques for better problem solving and decision making so you can keep moving forward without getting overwhelmed
- You’ll learn what copywriting is, it’s importance to your business, and how to use it to get your customers to subscribe to your email list and buy your products or services
- Why copywriting is the #1 most valuable, must-have skill when it comes to doing business online
- You’ll learn how to use positive affirmations in a way that motivates you to take action to achieve your goals faster
- You’ll learn what niche/target marketing is and how to pick the best audience to market your unique products or services to …and why it’s the most important step in marketing
- You’ll learn how to uncover and overcome limiting beliefs … and how they’ve been holding you back from reaching your goals
Check out my welcome post for a more detailed list of topics you will learn about as well as the full story behind why I started this blog.
Don’t miss out. Join to be part of a community of goal-oriented, purpose-driven entrepreneurs who support each other today.