Why I Do What I Do
Too many of us go through life not knowing who we are or what we’re supposed to do with our lives.
Instead of learning how to trust our inner voice, believe in ourselves, and carve out our own path, we learn how to repress our emotions, belittle our dreams, and copy the behavioral patterns of others to fit in.
As a result, some of us develop unhealthy coping mechanisms, fixed mindsets, and victim mentalities. While others feel powerless, suffer depression, or fall into bottomless despair.
In my case, all of the above.
Finding my purpose gave my life meaning, direction, hope, passion, and inner peace. It brought me out of a 5 year depression, giving me my life back, and with it, a desire to help others do the same.
This has led me to believe some of our pains and struggles are blessings in disguise. Because they put us into a unique position to help others who are going through similar problems.
What I Do
For this reason, I, George McMillan, Jr., will coach, teach, and guide people on how to find their purpose, upgrade their mindset, overcome limiting beliefs, and empower themselves so they can live happier, more meaningful lives and make a positive difference in the world.
I Serve Those Who Are (or Aspire to Be)
- Purpose-driven and seek meaning in life
- Truth-seeking and have an insatiable curiosity to solve life’s mysteries
- Spiritual but not religious
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Empathic and sensitive to the thoughts, feelings, and energies of the world
- Life-long learners with a growth mindset
- Self-aware and mindful of what’s going on inside of themselves
- Motivated by having a strong “why”
- Entrepreneurial but not only in it for the money. They have a deeper purpose behind their work.
- Willing to Be The Change by becoming who they need to become to make a difference in the world
- Persistent, determined, and will never give up on what matters most to them.
What I Believe
- I believe everyone has a purpose and a unique part to play in the world. No life is a mistake. Every piece (and person) in this universe is necessary. (Yes, especially you!)
- I believe we’re happiest and most at peace when we align with our purpose and follow our inner guidance.
- I believe every journey of purpose (and personal development) begins with self-awareness (knowing yourself).
- I believe on a deeper level purpose is indefinable. Your inner truth is beyond words. A verb, not a noun. Something that you’ll be living, doing, and sharing. Your purpose will grow, evolve, and change with you.
- I believe our purpose interconnects us with the rest of the world. We live in an interconnected Universe so what we do and who we become affects everyone around us.
- I believe that our inner world directly influences our outer world. What we think and believe is what we become. Our thoughts and feelings create and shape our physical reality.
- I believe we are all creative geniuses in some way or another. We just have to learn how to tap into it.
- I believe our minds are connected to the Universe in the same way a computer is connected to the internet. With practice and patience we can use our mind like a search engine. This is where creative, intuitive, and genius level thinking comes from.
- I believe meditation and solitude are necessary to recharge, center, ground, and re-align.
- I believe in opening up about our emotional problems through journaling, talking, or creative expression. Bringing honest thoughts and feelings to the surface is necessary for maintaining our emotional health and well-being.
- I believe scarcity thinking brings more problems, unhappiness, and lack to our lives, while an abundance mindset leads to having more of what we want.
- I believe practicing (and developing) genuine gratitude leads to a more positive mindset and lasting inner peace.
Make a Difference
- I believe we are all equal. All made from the same stuff and have the same inner God/Self. No one deserves to be discriminated against or left out for who/what they are.
- I believe spiritual Truth/Love is within us all and equally accessible to us all. It’s who we are and what we’re made of. No one is more or less deserving, chosen or unchosen.
- I believe in Perennial wisdom. Meaning, all spiritual paths evolve from (and point at) the same ultimate Truth. No path is the “one correct path”, holds a monopoly on God, or has a right to condemn others. Those are signs of a superiority complex, not unconditional Love. Each path is a small slice of an infinitely large pie.
- I believe we all have the power to look within and realize Truth for ourselves through meditation, mindfulness, introspection, prayer, and surrender.
- I believe we can heal ourselves, but only teach others how to heal themselves when they are willing. We don’t heal them or force them to change. Healing comes from within.
- I believe family comes first before business. My kid’s don’t distract me from doing the important things … they are the most important things.
- I believe in conscious/positive parenting. Because how you treat children can mentally and emotionally scar them for the rest of their lives.
- I believe yelling, threatening, hitting, humiliating, and emotionally manipulating children is traumatizing and can lead to future anxiety, depression, low self-worth, trust issues, and relationship problems.
- I believe in being the change I wish to see in the world.
- I believe we can all make a difference by sharing our unique gifts and talents with the world.
And if you do too, join my community of Purpose-driven truth-seekers, life-long learners, and entrepreneurial world-changers.